Monday, June 11, 2012

Inside Bethenny Frankel's Michigan Avenue Magazine Cover Story


Starpulse.com:
Yes, Starpulse has an exclusive preview into Michigan Avenue Magazine’s Summer issue with Bravo reality star, author and soon-to-be new TV talk show host, Bethenny Frankel!

In her cover story, the celebrity chef and mom dishes on her first experience living in Chicago years ago, her love for her now talk show peer Ellen Degeneres and how they compare (“Ellen is not remotely as inappropriate as I am”) her relationship with her former role model, Martha Stewart and her real thoughts on reality TV. The former Real Housewife of New York also discusses being a mom and what she wants to do on her new talk show—she reveals her celebrity guest wish list.

Frankel talks about her days living in Chicago and how the experience was a transitional period in her life:

“I really didn’t know anybody, says Frankel (who moved to the windy city to follow her then fiancé who lived there). “I would go to East Bank Club and try to stretch my workout as long as I could, just to have something to do during the day,’ she recalls, “You could really kind of hang out there. I don’t have any place like that in New York.  It was a transitional time,” says Frankel. “I really didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. But I knew it was time to hit my stride.”

Frankel discussing her relationship with former role model, Martha Stewart:

“I definitely never got close with her,” says Frankel. “But she’s a woman whom I respect greatly. I think Martha likes being intimidating; she likes being powerful. She didn’t get where she is by being warm and fuzzy. She runs an empire. I know it can make you a little grouchy.”

Frankel talking about how being a mom has been the real success in her life:

“I’m able to be with her for every meal, every bath. I’m there when she wakes up from every nap,” says Frankel. “I think that’s definitely what my definition of success is.”

Frankel on little real-life moments that don’t get caught on camera and why she doesn’t regret being on reality TV:

“Something really funny will happen, and I’ll think, ‘Oh my God, where are the cameras now?’” She continues talking about how the novelty of reality TV wore off a long time ago for her: “Have I gone too far with it? You can’t put the cork back in the bottle,” she says. “I went on reality TV to be truthful.”

What else does she dish about?

For her new talk show, "Bethenny" premiering in June, scheduled for a six week test run, she does have a celebrity guest wish list that ranges from Lea Michele (A Twitter pal), Denis Leary (a client from her old personal-chef days), Bobby Flay (she almost interned with him), Charles Barkley (they have been to a “boot camp spa” together) to Mike Tyson and Snoop Dogg.
RELATED: Terrific in tangerine! Bethenny Frankel turns heads in eye-catching orange blouse and spray-on white jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment