Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jill Zarin Crashes LuAnn's RHONYC Premiere Party, Says She's Here For the New Housewives -- 'Whether They Want Me or Not'


Someone desperately misses being in the spotlight:
Housewives new and old were out celebrating the premiere of Season 5 of the The Real Housewives of New York on Monday, June 4. Ramona Singer hosted a party at Serafina on the Upper West Side while LuAnn de Lesseps held court at a smaller gathering across town at the Lantern's Keep.

Meanwhile, Wetpaint Entertainment was downtown at the launch of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Adrienne Maloof’s new skincare line when we ran into former RHONY cast member Jill Zarin! Jill sat down with Wetpaint Entertainment to chat about how her life has changed since leaving the show and how she feels about newcomers Aviva Drescher, Carole Radziwill, and Heather Thomson.

Wetpaint Entertainment: Some people might be surprised to see you out and about tonight…
Jill: I was out in the Hamptons with Bobby this weekend but we decided to come back today so I could be here for the girls, whether they want me or not! I went over to Luann’s first and surprised her. Now we’re here so I can show my support for Adrienne.

Did you know Ramona’s having a party uptown?
I didn’t, but I won’t be going to that. I do want to stop by Aviva’s.

How do you know Aviva?
We met in the Hamptons and we’ve spoken on the phone. I like her a lot. I don’t know the other ones yet. I just want to be able to show the new girls support. There was no one there for me when I first got cast. I mean, there were girls from other seasons, but no one ever reached out. So now, when there are new housewives, I reach out to them. I tell them to DM me on Twitter if they want to.

If you go to JillZarin.com, you’ll see there’s a message that says, “Welcome Aviva Drescher, Heather Thomson and Carole Radziwell! Wishing you much success on your new season!”

That’s very gracious of you.
I have no hard feelings. I loved doing it for four years. It was time for a break. It was time for me to do new things. It’s like high school - they force you to graduate. Bravo forced me to graduate and now this is the new freshman class.

Now that you’re done with the show, where are you focusing your energy?
My priority is always my family – my husband and my daughter. Before, anything I had that was left over, I gave to the show. Now, I can focus it on my brand. Skweez Couture is launching two new corsets: the one I’m wearing in turquoise and black and a really sexy one that’s black with red frills. You can find them on HSN. I’m also wearing my leggings, which suck and tuck everything in. And I’m launching my own jewelry line, Jill Zarin, at Lord & Taylor at the end of July. So in the end, I’m very grateful to Bravo. The show gave me the chance to create a brand and keep building on it. I’m very blessed.
RELATED: Jill Zarin, Adrienne Maloof Check Out Dr. Paul Nassifs New Skincare Line

6 comments:

  1. Awww I was so bummed that Jill was out...the new housewives need some classes with her...aveva is the only one that I like, the other ones are boring as hell. Bravo made a huge mistake in my opinion:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am extremely embarassed FOR Jill! It seems like such a sad attempt to stay in the spotlight and comes across like a pathetic person who keeps hanging around after a break-up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill would show up for the opening of a letter, sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even going to watch the show now that Jill, Kelly and the one with twins, can't remember her name right now though lol. I think Alex should've been off after the first season I can't stand her and her creepy husband. Bravo made a huge mistake by getting rid of Jill and kelly, so many people won't watch now, if they were smart they would have them on the next season again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly is so stupid that she would try to slit her wrists with a butter knife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a very sad and pathetic person. Rumor has it her family has had to step in this weekend in the Hamptons because she is losing it mentally.

    ReplyDelete