Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lauren Manzo Lost 30 Pounds


USmagazine.com:
Lookin' good, Lauren!

After years of yo-yo dieting, Lauren Manzo's battle of the bulge became a major plot point on the current season of Real Housewives of New Jersey -- and she suffered cruel comments at the hands of anonymous Twitter followers.

"I hated myself," the 24-year-old, 5-foot-3 owner of makeup store Cafface tells Us Weekly exclusively. "I was depressed." At her heaviest, she weighed 185 pounds.
So, last September, Manzo finally followed the advice of concerned parents Caroline and Albert and underwent lap band surgery -- in which a silicone band is placed around the top part of the stomach to control food consumption. (Her dad Albert had the surgery back in 2008).

Losing 20 pounds over the next seven months, Manzo had the band loosened in May -- and dropped another 10 by following a strict protein-and-vegetable diet and working out six days a week. The Bravo star (who's been dating Vita Scalia for three years) hopes to lose 35 more pounds.

Showing off her incredible new shape to Us, Manzo says she feels "amazing. Getting the lap band was the best thing I've done in my life."

She admits to Us that she initially kept the lap band surgery secret. "So many fans related to my struggle," she says. "I didn't want to feel like I was letting them down."

She cautions of the device: "It's not a miracle button that lets you eat whatever you want . . . I wanted to try to lose weight on my own for a while."

And, indeed, although Manzo avoids salt, sugar, carbs and fat with her new diet regime -- and endures intense sessions with trainer Guy Del Corso -- she still loves to eat.

"I like food," she explains. "I can't drink liquid egg whites for the rest of my life. So I've learned a lot of great ways to cook now . . . I have great willpower."

Her ultimate goal? "Hopefully, by the end of the summer, I'll be in a bikini. I've never worn a bikini in my life!"
RELATED: Caroline Manzo Opens Up About Daughter Lauren Manzo’s Panic Attacks and Hospitalization

11 comments:

  1. She took a short cut to weight loss and at such a young age. Achieving this with self control and good old work would be much more regarding and inspiring. But this spoiled Manzo child didn't. It's a terrible message to send to young girls. Overweight? It's okay, just have surgery. Work is over-rated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 Punds is not that much of a noteworthy weight loss and it does not justify a surgical procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, so what. Let's hold a parade and give her the keys to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What harsh comments! Losing weight is hard and that girl had to endure public scrutiny all the way thru. Walk in someones shoes before u throw a parade! Jerk offs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christ, from all the commotion you'd think she had found a cure for cancer! She lost weight, big deal, lots of people do this. I just went to the dentist and had no problems, does that mean I get to be on the cover of GQ!

      Delete
  5. She received the hardest scrutiny from her own family over the last couple seasons. Losing weight is hard. It takes dedication, hard work, and time. Lots of time! Trust me, I know. So, it's sad that someone so young didn't want to be a role model for a youth with weight issues. Instead daddy bought her a lap-band. Yawn. Why bother with praise?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it OK for a young woman to have a nose job, implants, or a tummy tuck, but not OK for her to have lap band surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because as a man, I don't care to fuck a chicks upper stomach.

      Delete
  7. She has to learn to eat healthy for the rest of her life. I don't think you can wear a lap band for years & years. Eventually, you need to learn how to do it on your own. Point case being "Carnie Wilson" who had gastric bypass, gained much of the weight back & now got a lap band. She never learned to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. who gives a crap what you all say or think of her decision to have a lap band. Its not of any of your damn business what she does or doesnt do.

    ReplyDelete